Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Why I am a Pi Kappa Alpha - Billy Steward Blog Post 1

Why I am a Pi Kappa Alpha,

Coming to Ohio State I went to a regional campus where we did not hear much about Greek Life. I also wanted to be Greek do to the fact of myself, I love getting involved plus I believe Greek Life is an essential part of getting the full college experience

At first I was not in academic standings to join greek life when I finally made it to OSU-Main but when I meet the members of Pike they became my motivation to this day to study harder and my GPA has raised significantly enough for me to join Pike and is still improving now!

Besides Academics which does still come first, the Philanthropy and service work Pike does is simply amazing I've been active for only a semester and I still believe I was not Greek the proud work I have done would of been non existent.

Another big part of becoming myself Greek was the guy pictured in the right photo. James, ended becoming my "Big" coincidentally and he in all honestly is the perfect representation of Pike. He has worked very hard at achieving the highest standards of our motto, which by the way is SLAG (Scholars Leaders Athletics and Gentleman.) And he was the guy I looked up to since day one and motivated me enough to join Pike.

Once I finally joined and got closer with the rest of the brothers I saw how strong our brotherhood really is from that point I knew I made the right choice, the brother hood is beyond amazing and being part of Greek Community in a whole, words just cant describe.












2 comments:

  1. How great it is to see that they were your motivation to improve your GPA. It shows that you were really dedicated and that the chapter must have meant a lot to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your story speaks to how worthwhile it is to be apart of Greek Life at OSU when you describe your struggle with academics. You made the effort to improve your grade point in part to join your fraternity! I think a lot of Greeks can relate to your post.

    ReplyDelete