I showed up to a recruitment event and really liked the guys. I immediately started to make friends with the brothers. What really appealed to me about Phi Tau was the variety in guys there. Many of them come from all sorts of lifestyles and it was really cool to get know them. I also liked how new they were. This gave me a chance to help build our Gamma chapter back up and be an integral part in it.
The other really nice thing about Phi Tau is how laid back it is. My brothers are very easy going. During rush they all seemed to actually want to get to know me. They also were always positive. While I was living in the dorms I had roommate issues. Phi Tau had an opening in their house right after the rush process in the spring and offered me the room to live in. This was a really awesome gesture to me. They could have had one of their brothers living in a double move into the room, but instead they let me have a single in their house as a new member. Living in the house always gives me something to do with some of my brothers. It also was a great way for me to get to know my brothers even better.
Phi Tau made me feel like I was at home.


It was really considerate of them to give you a singe. It shows they were paying attention to you as an individual, which true friends are always looking out for each other.
ReplyDeleteI feel like this is how everyone finds the right fit for them. Obviously the members of your chapter were really interested in you and they projected this want and interest in you when they offered you the room. It definitely shows how the bonds are created within the greek community
ReplyDeleteThe way a fraternity house brings together a brotherhood as a commonplace and hangout space really makes me jealous as my fraternity doesn't have a house yet. And just by your pictures I can see how laid back and fun your brothers are!
ReplyDelete