Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Trish - Congruence

After reading about congruence this week, I agree that it is something important in relation to Greek life.

Even before becoming President of Alpha Psi Lambda, I had to focus in on what my values were. With my values intact, I could move forward with them and set goals for my organizations. One value that I have is family, and I actively promote good family relations within the chapter. It's one thing that I am most congruent with. It has helped the chapter move forward with our brotherhood and sisterhood. In addition, Alpha Psi Lambda values hard work and dedication. We try to consistently work towards bettering our organization and understand that we must work hard to do so. By always sticking true to this work ethic, we have advanced a lot this past year. I can definitely say that our congruence has improved that chapter, even though we never realized that we were actively working towards it.

I can definitely say that I can see where congruence can really benefit an organization. It's the consistency with upholding your values that builds trust within the chapter, and then the chapter can really move forward.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you focused in on your values before you became President. I think it's really important that you realize what your values are before you start a leadership position, otherwise you may not be as an effective leader.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete