Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My strengths-Caitlin L. Jones

At first, I was highly skeptical of this assessment. Personally, I'm not a big fan of assessments that simply ask you to rate yourself on a scale. However, I was pleasantly pleased to see that my five areas of strength did, in fact, describe me. My first strength is listed as strategic, I'm able to think about different outcomes for different courses of action. When I think about things, I always ask "what if". I find that this has been useful because I'm able to troubleshoot problems before they occur. I can figure out ways to fix these problems or avoid the actions that would cause these issues to begin with.

Another one of my strengths is individualization. When I talk to a certain person, I tailor the conversation towards that exact person. I'm able to recognize the positives in each person and connect with them on a personal level. I find that this fits me perfectly. When I had served as social chair, I delegated various tasks to my committee members. I made sure to select a task that I knew was right for that person and could be achieved by them easily.  

Another one of my strengths that fits me would have to be empathy. I'm able to understand, while not necessarily agreeing with, the opinions of others. I've always tried to respect other people, especially when they have an opinion that I detest or find foolish. I'm able to work with people despite these differences in opinion in order to get the job done. 

3 comments:

  1. The strengths that you listed definately describe you very well. I'd be interested to see the other two. Those 3 that were listed are ones that anyone who has had more than one conversation with you would put in your top 5 for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I identified a lot to your strengths. Two of my strengths are relator and developer and they seem to overlap quite a bit with individualization. Those strengths help me work with people so I can see why you served as social chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when a leader is good at delegating the way you do. It really shows you know your position and what/who you have to work with.

    ReplyDelete